“MCGA” means Macquarie Cotton Growers Association Inc. ABN 52 975 286 580 and its subsidiaries.
“Personal Information” means any information that personally identifies you (or others) or can be used to personally identify you (or others).
“Privacy Act” means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
“Sensitive Information” includes information about race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health information, membership of trade unions or political associations, criminal records or philosophical beliefs.
Our website address is: https://macquariecottongrowers.com.
What personal information do we collect?
MCGA will only collect Personal Information in a fair, lawful and non-intrusive manner. The Personal Information we collect will depend upon the circumstances in which the information is collected. We may collect the following Personal Information:
- your name, contact details, address, date of birth, industry role, country and postcode;
- any other Personal Information as otherwise permitted by law; and
- any additional information that you may provide to us directly through any MCGA website or any other contact with MCGA.
When you apply for employment with MCGA, we may, in addition to the information referred to above, also collect information for the purpose of considering your employment application including your qualifications, career history and resume as well as reference information from your nominated referees. We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests and the types of jobs you are interested in.
Sensitive Information will only be collected and processed by MCGA if such processing is necessary to comply with equal opportunity laws and regulations. We recommend you only communicate such Sensitive Information if you believe it is required for MCGA to comply with such laws and regulations.
We may from time to time ask for Sensitive Information concerning your health to assess your suitability for conducting certain forms of work (ie manual work), to ensure your continued safety and the safety of others at our workplaces.
We may also collect website usage information such as the IP address you are using, the name of your internet service provider, your browser version, the web site that referred you to us and the next website you go to, the pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
If you wish to do so, you may choose to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with MCGA, unless it is not practicable for us to deal with you on that basis.
How and why do we collect your personal information?
There are many aspects of the MCGA site, which can be viewed without providing Personal Information. However, Personal Information may be collected by us when you:
- visit any of our websites;
- subscribe to our marketing communications on various MCGA products or communicate with
- us via our website or our other social media sites;
- interact or follow our social media pages/profiles like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- authorise someone else to act on your behalf and they provide us with your Personal Information;
- apply for employment at MCGA;
- submit feedback; or
- submit any query to the Privacy Officer.
Data you provide when you subscribe to our marketing communications will be captured within a database attached to the website, and will be able to be exported into CSV format. Eventually the forms will be linked to MCGA’s CRM database and information will be stored there.
How will we use your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information we collect for the purposes for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Some examples of how we use your Personal Information include, but are not limited, to the following:
- to provide or promote our services to you;
- to contact you to obtain your feedback, to find out your level of satisfaction with our services and for other market research activities; and
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as goods and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our growers and tailor our future services accordingly;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our database;
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Personal Information; and; to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at anytime in the future only data collected from the time of the policy change going forward will adhere to our updated practices.
MCGA does not provide your Personal Information to other entities or organisation’s for the purposes of direct marketing. We may issue direct marketing communication that you would reasonably expect to receive. You consent to us using the Personal Information that you have provided to issue direct marketing communications that include information about our products.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by using any “unsubscribe” facility provided in the marketing communications you receive or by contacting the Privacy Officer with details of the communication and your wish to “opt-out”. We will then take steps to remove your Personal Information from the direct marketing database from which your Personal Information was sourced.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
MCGA is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all Personal Information that it collects and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect from you is held securely and protected from misuse and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, MCGA cannot and does not guarantee that unauthorised access to your Personal Information will not occur. Accordingly, where consistent with applicable legislation, any Personal Information you provide to MCGA will be at your own risk.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to, and at any time you may request, access to your Personal Information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
What to do if you have a comment or complaint about our handling of Personal Information